Voice agents are seen as the next era in device interaction. Based on our research, 72% of voice assistant users reported that their usage frequency would increase if improvements were made to the agent.
- As a result, Samsung envisioned to make a voice agent which is not only intelligent, but also connects the whole Samsung ecosystem.
What is Bixby?
- 1. Bixby is a complete solution: it is designed to let you carry out a full range of interactions, rather than launching an app for example, or carrying out a single task. Bixby will be able to do just about everything you can do with an app using voice or touch.
2. Bixby is contextually aware: Bixby can recognise the state that the app is in and take the right actions based on your requests, also letting you mix voice or touch.
3. Bixby understands natural language: this means that you don't need to use set phrases, but you can give incomplete information and Bixby can interpret and take action. Natural language recognition has been key to the rise of modern AI.
Tech Magazine Coverage :
- Samsung's Bixby is actively covered by almost all leading international tech and popular magazines and companies including TechCrunch and TheVerge.
- Bixby was showcased at Samsung UNBOX 2017. It's going to be commercially available with Samsung Galaxy S8 devices*.
- As part of this project, I contributed to the Voice UX of Bixby. After designing the UX, I also contributed to the commercialisation of this project in which we expanded Bixby to 3rd party apps like Spotify, Instagram, Snapchat and core apps.
- In this process we filed and received 2 Patents.
- Please note that none of the critical and confidential information is exposed in this documentation. Every information here is available in public domain for fair usage.
- *Launch date might change